Dr. Danny Po
This user has not added any information to their profile yet.
Danny Po is Deloitte’s Asia-Pacific and China National M&A Tax Leader. Danny has more than 29 years of experience in China tax and business advisory services. He has been working closely with his teams in Hong Kong and the Mainland of China to provide a wide range of transaction related tax services for both in-bound and out-bound investment. Danny is an active speaker on China inbound and outbound M&A tax topics for trade associations and professional bodies as well as media in the Mainland of China and Hong Kong.
Danny was the lead engagement M&A tax partner of HNA’s acquisition of the Hilton Group, Blackstone’s acquisition of SZITIC, COFCO’s acquisition of Noble Group’s global business and Beijing Capital’s acquisition of TPI’s waste management business in New Zealand, the former two being the biggest China outbound deal of the year 2016 and the biggest deal of Blackstone in the year 2014 while the latter two were the biggest overseas acquisitions of those two top-tier Chinese SOEs as of 2014.
DBA (PolyU HK)
• Fellow of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
• Fellow of the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants (HKICPA)
• Member of the The Society of Chinese Accountants & Auditors (SCAA)
• Associate of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales (ICAEW)
• Fellow of the Taxation Institute of Hong Kong (TIHK)
• Certified Tax Advisor of the Taxation Institute of Hong Kong (TIHK)
• Fellow of the Hong Kong Institute of Company Secretaries (HKICS)
• Member of the Hong Kong General Chamber of Commerce
Deloitte’s senior partner, Asia-Pacific and China National M&A Tax Leader
• ACCA Hong Kong Committee Member, co-Chairman of the Taxation sub-Committee
• SCAA Taxation Committee member
• Association of Christian Accountants (ACA) director (former vice-Chairman and Hon. Secretary)