Wing Tat William Dr. Yip (葉永達博士)
This user has not added any information to their profile yet.
Dr. William Yip has been the Executive Member of PolyU DBAAA since his doctorate graduation in 2010. He is now an vocational educator at VTC and the Vice Chairman of Hong Kong Institute of Marketing.
In VTC, he has been serving as an academic staff for various campuses under the Institute of Vocational Education - IVE (VTC), the part-time Assistant Dissertation Manager/Project Supervisor for the University of Warwick (MSc) and the part-time Project Supervisor for the University of Northumbria at Newcastle (UK) (BAIBM) in collaboration with the SHAPE (VTC).
In 2010-2014, he was the Programme Leader of Higher Diploma in Marketing Management (IVE Kwai Chung) while, in 2015-2016, he was the Pogrammme Coordinator of Bachelor of Arts in International Business Management from Northumbria University offered in collaboration with SHAPE, VTC.
Prior to these engagements, he has worked in the marketing areas, including the sectors of FMCG, Banking and retailing.
With regard to his professionalism, he is now a fellow of the Royal Statistical Society (UK), full members of the Chartered Institute of Marketing (UK), Hong Kong Institute of Marketing (HK), Hong Kong Logistics Association (HK), Hong Kong Computer Society (HK), Hong Kong Internet Profession Association (HK) and Hong Kong Institute of Purchasing and Supply (HK).
First graduated with Professional Diploma in Marketing (90) from the Hong Kong Polytechnic, he obtained Master of Business Administration in 1993 awarded by the University of Edinburgh, UK; Master of Arts in Quantitative Analysis for Business in 1996 by the City University of Hong Kong and Master of Science in Electronic Commerce & Internet Computing in 2006 by the University of Hong Kong. In 2010,
Dr. William Yip completed the Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) from HK PolyU in 2010 while , in 2015, he obtained the Postgraduate Diploma in Public Relations and Exhibition Management from HKU SPACE (Pass with distinction).
Besides these, he also obtained Postgraduate Certificate in Education in 2001 by the University of Hong Kong and Executive Diploma in Supply Chain and Logistics in 2004 by the Asia Pacific Institute of Business from the Chinese University of Hong Kong.
From 2010 onwards, has was also appointed as an academic specialist for HKCAAVQ and an exam question writer for HKIAAT.
In April 2014, Dr. William was elected as the Council Member of Hong Kong Institute of Marketing and Education Committee Chairperson (2014-2016). In the same year, I was also elected as the Regional Board Member of CIM UK （HK）. In Dec 2015, Dr. William Yip was elected as the HKIM Vice Chairman.
(1) Doctor of Business Administration (GSB, PolyU) (2010)
(2) Master of Science (E-Commerce & Internet Computing) (HKU) (2006)
(3) Master of Business Administration (Edinburgh University, UK ) (1993)
(4) Master of Arts in Quantitative Analysis for Business (CityU, HK ) (1996)
(5) Postgraduate Certificate in Education - Buss&Accts (HKU) (2001)
(6) Postgraduate Diploma in Public Relations and Exhibition Management from HKU SPACE (2015)
(7) Professional Diploma in Business Studies (Marketing) (HK Poly) (1990)
(8) Executive Dip in Supply Chain and Logistics Mgt (APIB, CUHK) (2004)
(9) Diploma in Marketing (DipM) (CIM) (1990)
(1) Full Member (MCIM) (Chartered Institute of Marketing, UK)
(2) Chartered Marketer (Chartered Institute of Marketing, UK)
(3) Full Member (MHKIM) (Hong Kong Institute of Marketing, Hong Kong)
(4) Professional Member (PMHKLA) (HK Logistics Assocation)
(5) Fellow (Royal Statistical Society, UK)
(6) Member (MIPSHK)(Institute of Purchasing and Supply in Hong Kong)
(7) Full Member (MiProA) (Internet Professinal Assocation, Hong Kong)
(8) Full Member (MHKCS)(Hong Kong Computer Society, Hong Kong)
(9) Certified E-Commerce Consultants (CEC by icecc)(Institute of Certified
E-Commerce Consultants, USA)
(10) Senior Certified Commercial E-Business Specialist (Senior CCEBS) with the China General Chamber of Commerce.
(1) Lifetime member of Hong Kong General Chamber of Small and Medium Enterprises (HKGCSME)
(2) Committee Member of PolyU DBA Alumni Association (2012-Present)
(3) Committee Member of PolyU FHKPUAA's Young Alumni Sub-Committee (2012-Present)
(4) Alumni Members of HKU, PolyU, CityU, CUHK (Asia Pacific Institute of Business), Tsinghua U (HK), HKUSPACE.
(5) Rotarian of Peninsula Sunrise (2016-2017)
Vocational Educator and Marketing Professional
Committee Member (Hong Kong Institute of Marketing) 2014-2015
Vice Chairman (Hong Kong Institute of Marketing) 2015-Present
Regional Board Member (Chartered Institute of Marketing - HK) 2015-Present
Vice Chairman (VTC Teachers’ Association) 2013-2014
Chairman (VTC Teachers’ Association) 2015-2016
Academic Specialist (Hong Kong Council for Accreditation of Academic and Vocational Qualifications -HKCAAVQ) 2010-Present
Executive Member (HKU Alumni Association) 2015-Present
Executive Member (PolyU DBA Alumni Assocation) 2010-Present
Executive Member (PolyU Young Alumni -PolyU Federation of Alumni Associations)2012-2015
Vice-Convenor (PolyU Young Alumni - PolyU Federation of Alumni Associations) 2015-Present